perjantai 23. maaliskuuta 2012

I am content


My heart is not proud, Lord, 
my eyes are not haughty; 
I do not concern myself with great matters 
or things too wonderful for me. 
But I have calmed and quieted myself, 
I am like a weaned child with its mother; 
like a weaned child I am content.         
Psalm 131: 1-2

Can a mother forget the baby at her breast 
and have no compassion on the child she has borne? 
Though she may forget, 
I will not forget you! 
See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; 
your walls are ever before me.                                   
Isaiah 49:15-16                                                
Yet you brought me out of the womb; 
you made me trust in you, even at my mother’s breast. From birth I was cast on you; from my mother’s womb you have been my God. Do not be far from me, 
for trouble is near 
and there is no one to help.        
Psalm 22:9-11

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti